Benefits of Chemical Peels
When your skin becomes textured and discolored, it can make you look dull, tired and older than you really are. To get your youthful look back, you might need to give your complexion a pick-me-up with a chemical peel. This exfoliation technique treats many skin concerns, such as rough texture, sun damage, acne and enlarged pores. Here are the top five major benefits of chemical peels:
- Minimizing Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Wrinkles form on the face due to facial expressions, sun damage, and collagen loss. Chemical peels can improve the appearance of these wrinkles by triggering the production of collagen and elastin.
- Clearing Up Discoloration: Chemical peels work well for reducing most types of pigmentation irregularities. The treatments lighten hyperpigmentation that takes the form of sun damage, acne, melasma, scars, “age spots,” freckles, and other blemishes. The result is a more even and healthier skin tone.
- Controlling Acne: The mild acid solutions used in peels can help improve acne by unblocking pores, decreasing oil production, destroying bacteria, and improving inflammation.
- Making Skin Products More Effective: When dirt, oils, and dead, dry skin are blocking your pores, the products you’ve been using might not work as well. By removing the dull, damaged top layer on the surface, your skin can absorb these skincare products and improve their efficacy.
- Enhancing the Skin Texture: When chemical peels cause the outer part of the skin to shed, the new skin that grows in is much softer and smoother in comparison. This improves light scarring, bumps, and roughness.
Peels give the skin a youthful, more refreshed, and glowing appearance overall. Want to enhance the look and feel of your skin? Call us at (503) 905-9006 or schedule an appointment online.
Wednesday December 29, 2021